Serves 4 People
4 Store Bought Pita Rounds (8″ ideally), 1 Large Store Bought Crust or 1 Store Bought Flat Bread, or homemade dough
Zest of 1 Lemon, reserve the lemon juice for the end
5 oz. Ricotta Cheese
2 Medium Yellow Summer Squash, sliced into coins as thinly as possible
2 Medium Green Zucchini, sliced into coins as thinly as possible
6 leaves of fresh basil, cut into thin strips
1 Tbsp. of Fresh Oregano, finely choppedDrizzle of olive oilSalt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
2. Place your store bought crusts on a baking sheet (or prepare you homemade dough how you like). Brush the top of each crust with Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
3. In a small bowl, stir together the ricotta and lemon zest. Season it with salt and freshly ground pepper, and thinly spread it over your pizza crusts. Scatter the basil and oregano over the cheese.
4. Arrange the zucchini coins in circles over the cheese, slightly overlapping as you go.
5. Drizzle pizzas with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper.
6. Bake in oven for 10 to 15 minutes (all ovens are different so keep an eye on your pizzas you don’t want the crusts to get too brown). You want the crusts to look a little brown and the zucchini to look a little bit roasted around the edges.
7. Remove from oven and put a gentle squeeze of lemon over each pizza! If you wish to sprinkle with a little bit of parmesan or crushed red pepper flake your certainly can! Even a few greek olives on top would be delicious!!