Ingredients For The Shrimp
16 oz. 21/25 Shrimp, deveined but with the tails on (about 24 Shrimp)
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp. Black Pepper
Juice of 1 Lemon
2 Cloves Sliced Garlic
1 Pinch Red Pepper Flakes
1) Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees.
2) Pat shrimp dry with a paper towel and put in a large bowl. Toss together with Salt, Pepper, Red Pepper Flakes, Lemon Juice and Garlic Cloves. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
3) Spread onto a cookie sheet and place in oven on the top rack. After 5 minutes turn the shrimp over and cook for another 4 minutes. The shrimp will be firm and the tail will have turned pink.
4) Set aside to cool while making the sauce.
Fire Roasted Tomato Dipping Sauce
Makes about 2 Cups of Sauce
1 Medium Spanish Onion , Coarsely Chopped
3 Cloves of Garlic Coarsely Chopped
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 Tsp. Smoked Paprika
1 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
1/8 Tsp. Cayenne
1/4 Cup Sherry or Dry White Wine
1 – 14.5 oz Can Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
1 Whole Roasted Pepper from a Jar, chopped
2 Tbsp Sherry Vinegar
1) In a medium saucepan heat olive oil over medium heat.
2) Add Onions and soften for about 3 to 4 minutes, they will be slightly translucent. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add paprika, tomato paste, cayenne and salt and pepper. Stir together for about 1 minute until fragrant. Add the sherry, canned tomatoes and roasted pepper and bring to a boil. Turn down to a simmer and cover. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3) Remove from heat and using an immersion blender or a regular counter top blender, puree sauce until smooth. If using a counter top blender, puree in 2 small batches. Stir in the Sherry Vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
4) This sauce is best served warm. It can be made up to a week in advance.