Makes About 4 Cups
Prep Time: 2 1/2 – 3 Hours (Hands on time about 20 minutes)
4 Large Eggplant
6 Cloves of Garlic Finely Chopped or 3 Tbsp Minced
1/8 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Chopped Green Onion (Green and White Parts)
1/4 Cup Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
Salt & Pepper taste
- Preheat Oven to 350
- Rub Eggplant in Olive Oil and wrap each one in aluminum foil like a baked potato. Place on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 2 – 2 1/2 Hours until very soft.
- Remove Eggplant from the oven and allow to cool at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the skins from the eggplant and the inner seeds and drain any excess liquid in a colander.
- Put the meat of the eggplant in a food processor and pulse until it is a thick puree
- Add garlic, red wine vinegar, EVOO and pulse a few times until incorporated.
- Pour contents into a bowl and stir in the parsley and green onion
- Add Salt and Pepper to taste
*NOTE TO THE COOK*
This stores in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, so it can definitely be made ahead of time! This is also a great spread on sandwiches or vegetarian wraps!