Will Make About 2 1/2 Dozen Small Triangles
1 Cup of Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
1 Egg, Beated
1/2 Cup of Freshly Grated Parmegiano Regiano
1 Stick of Melted Butter
1/2 Cup of Crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese
1 – 1lb. Box of Frozen Phyllo Dough, Thawed Out
1 Scallion, Finely minced (white and light green parts only)
1 Tablespoon Finely Minced Fresh Rosemary
1/2 Tsp. Salt
1/8 Tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350˚F
- Mix all three cheeses together in a Bowl
- Add the scallions to the cheese mixture. Fold in and then add the egg, salt and pepper.
- Prepare your cookie sheet by brushing it with butter.
- To begin your work with the phyllo dough, remove the rolled up tube of phyllo sheets from the box and take it out of the plastic sealed bag that it is in.
- Using a sharp knife score the phyllo dough all the way across, scoring it every 2″. Following the marks that you just made, cut all the way through the rolled up tube of dough.
- Working with 1 chunk of dough at a time, unroll the first piece and remove two sheets of dough, keeping them together. Brush the phyllo liberally with butter, working in 1 swift motion from top to bottom. Do not brush back and forth with the butter, it will make your phyllo tear.
- Place about 2 Tsp. of the filling at the bottom of each strip. Fold the portion with the filling to the left (or right) so you form a triangle. Then fold the piece upward, and then fold in the opposite direction of your first fold (right or left). Continue to do this until you’ve used up the entire strip of phyllo. Place on your greased baking sheet and brush the top once more with butter!
- Continue to do this until all the mixture has been used up.
- Bake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and serve right away!