Prep Time: 15 Minutes / Cook Time 30 Minutes
Makes: About 3 Cups
12 oz Whole Button Mushrooms
1 Small Spanish Onion
6 Cloves of Garlic, Whole
1/2 Cup Marcona Almonds (or regular almonds)
1/4 Cup Golden Raisins
1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 Cup Chicken Stock
1 Cup Sherry
2 Bay Leaves
1 Tbsp Sherry Vinegar
1/2 Tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
Salt and Pepper
1 Handful of Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
1) Prepare mushrooms by cleaning them with a paper towel or a mushroom brush. Set aside
2) Cut onion in 1/2 and slice into thin half moon strips. Crush Garlic Cloves out of their skins and leave whole.
3) Using a large non-stick skillet heat Olive Oil on Medium Heat for about 3 to 4 minutes until it glistens. Add the onions and cook until soft. About 5 minutes. Using a wooden spoon throughout to move them around. Being careful to not brown the onions.
4) Add the Almonds and sauté for 1 minute. Add Garlic Cloves and sauté for another minute. Add the mushrooms and stir together for another minute. Coating all the mushrooms with Oil and the onion mixture.
5) Turn heat up to high and pour in Sherry and scrape up any brown bits from the bottom and sides of the
pan. Add Chicken Stock, Bay Leaves, Sherry Vinegar and Red Pepper Flakes. Bring to a boil and then turn down to a simmer.
6) Cover mixture and allow to simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in Raisins and simmer for another five minutes.
7) Season with Salt and Pepper to taste and stir in about 2 table spoons of fresh parsley. Serve with crusty bread to soak up the juices. Soft Goat Cheese can be sprinkled on top as well!
8) This can be served right off of the stove or made in advance and served at room temperature. If making in advance and storing in the refrigerator, be sure to take it out about 2 hours before serving. You can also keep it warm in a 200 degree oven.